The External Registration plugin publishes a link to create users via an external registration form. The form that is generated, can be published anywhere, for example a web site. Only the Admin user, who has the PM_USERS permission in his/her role, can create this external registration form.
This plugin is fully compatible with the following ProcessMaker versions:
- v. 3.2.x
How the Plugin Works
Admin user side
1. The admin user needs to create an external registration form which consecuencially creates a new ProcessMaker user account.
2. The admin user has to set up the behavior of the plug-in by choosing the options on the form when an external registration has been creating.
3. When the external registration form is created, a link is also created to be published on the web, this option is available by clicking on View Form.
4. Include the respective link on the web page.
5. User must fill the form in order to create his/her account
6. An email is sent to the user in order to activate the account.
7. When the account is activated, user can log-in into ProcessMaker with the information sent on the email.
Installation and Configuration
The plug-in will be available once the Enterprise plug-in is imported with the corresponding license, it's necessary to activate it once it's installed, from there it doesn't need additional configuration on the server side. In addition to this, two new PM Functions are created which will allow ProcessMaker send an email to the user for activation. Those are the externalRegistrationSendEmail() and getExternalRegistrationLink()
Creating an External Registration Form
To create an External Registration form go to ADMIN > Plugins > External Registration. And the existent registrations will be shown.
If empty create a new registration form by clickin on the New External Registration Form button at the top left-hand side of the window:
Fill the form that opens with the information the "External Registration" form will have.
- Title: Enter the title of the External Registration form. The title could be a brief description of the form. This is a required field.
- Use the resources from process: Select a process from the dropdown menu. The process selected will allow choosing an additional DynaForm in a subsequent field of this form. This is required field.
- E-Mail Template: Choose the template which will be sent on the email. The plugin is installed with a default template called externalRegistration.html. To add more templates, check this documentation.
- Additional DynaForm: A list of available Dynaforms will list according to the process selected beforehand. This is an additional option if the user needs to publish DynaForm fields at the end of the user registration form choose a DynaForm name from this list.
Note: This Dynaforms must have a submit button in order to work properly
Actions After Registration (Optional Section)
- Assign User To: There are three options once the user has been registered into ProcessMaker which are the following:
- Task: Assign a user into a task of the process selected before.
- Group: Assign a user into a ProcessMaker group.
- Department: Assign a user into a ProcessMaker department.
- Name/ Title(*): Depending on the option selected on a previous field the options of this dropdown will change to the task, groups or departments selected.
- Start a Case on Task: When a user is created a case will create automatically. Choose the task of the process on which a case will start. It is not necessary to choose the two options mentioned before.
- NEW_USER_UID: This variable is available to be used in the case that is triggered by an external registration. It can be used in the form and triggers as well. .
- Trigger to Execute: Select the trigger which will be executed right after the user is registered. Triggers listed will be the ones created in the process selected. For instance, it is possible to create a trigger to add a note indicating that the user has been created successfully.
Finally, click on the "save" button and the external registration form will be created displaying it on the main list as follows:
- Title: External Registration form title.
- Additional Dynaform: If an additional Dynaform was chosen, its name will be displayed on this row.
- E-mail Template: Name of the template used to send emails.
- Requests Received: It shows the number of requests recived when an account is created.
- Requests Completed: It shows the number of requests completed.
- View UID: Click on this option to view the UID of the external registration form created.
- View Form: View the form to be published. This is only a preview, this form can be modified.
- View Log: Shows the number of users created for this external registration form defined before. Remember that one of more users can be created for one external registration form defined.
- Edit: If some changes are required, click on this option to edit the external registration form.
- Delete: Delete the external registration form created.
Creating a User Account
As it was mentioned before, to create an user account, the link must be published. Also if the link hasn't published yet and it needs to be checked click on "View Form" and it will display as follows:
Fields to be filled:
- First Name: User's first name.
- Last Name: User's last name.
- E-mail: Email where the link to activate the account will be sent.
- Use E-mail as user name: E-mail field can be used as user name, if this option is checked, User Name field will disable. Use this email to login into ProcessMaker.
- User Name: Enter the user name that will be used to login into ProcessMaker. The user name entered will be validated to check if it already exists.
- Password: Enter a password that will be used to authenticate into ProcessMaker. This length of the password entered must be of at least 5 characters, by default. It will depende on the password policies set inside ProcessMaker.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter previous password, with a validation if both passwords are not the same.
- Captcha Code: Type the characters that are displayed on the image. This prevents standard automated software from filling out a form.
Note 1:: User will be created with a PROCESSMAKER_OPERATOR role.
Note 2: If an additional form was selected, it will display below the User Account registration as the image above.
Finally, click on Save & Continue to complete the registration, and a confirmation message will display:
Activating an Account
When the user registration is completed an email will send to the user's account. User will receive all his/her information to log-in in ProcessMaker and how to activate the account and the email will look like the image below:
Click on the first link to go to the login page and on the second in order to activate the account.
Once the account is activated, click on the "Log in" link in order to redirect to the login page.
Login with the New User's Account
Login to ProcessMaker by using the information sent by email. User will be redirected to the "Inbox" folder.
Those PM functions are available once the plug-in is installed:
Create a request and send an email. This function allows user to have the confirmation link be sent in his email, so basically the user will click on the link to activate his account.
With this Function is possible to create the request in the process and send it to any user as an invitation for the participation.
externalRegistrationSendEmail($erUid, $email, $data = array())
- $erUid: External registration form UID.
- $email: user email where the email request will be sent.
- $data: Dynaform variables to be sent in the template. This parameter is optional.
This function returns a link from the form. It may be used in different ways, for example to send it by email or include it in a form.
- $erUid: External registration form UID.