The Simple Reports is an extension that allows reports to be generated from the data in Report Tables and viewed inside the ProcessMaker interface under the CASES menu.
- ProcessMaker v. 3.1.x
- Check this documentation.
It is always recommended to work in the last two version of the browsers.
Installation and Configuration
Login to ProcessMaker with a user such as admin. Then, go to Admin > Plugins > Enterprise Manager and click on the "Install from file" button in the Enterprise Plugins toolbar to upload the "Simple Reporting" plug-in.
The following alert will be displayed, click on Browse and select the plugin file.
To confirm the action, click on "Upload" button.
After uploading the plugin, the plugins available will be listed. Find the Simple Reporting Plugin, by default it is Enabled and Installed. To disable the plugin click on button from the Enterprise Plugins toolbar.
Simple Reporting Option
Once the plug-in was enabled, an option on the Home->Core Report menu will be added.
Creating a Simple Report
As it was mentioned before, a Simple Report is created from converting a Report Table into one.
The first step to create a "Simple Report" is to create a normal "Report Table" which can be found in the process MainToolbox then locate the "Reports Tables" option and by hovering the mouse over the plus sign the "Create" option will appear. Click on it and a new window will open to create a Report Table.
Create a new Report Table as seen in the image below and then click on the "Create" button.
The result of creating a Report Table would look like the image below.
Now, convert this report table into a simple report. To do so, click on a Report Table and then right click on it and select the "Convert to Simple Report" option as seen in the image below.
When this action is complete the "Description" field of the Report table will change to "Simple Report".
Setting up permissions
Reports will be available depending on permission given to a specific Department, User, Group, or all users. By default reports are not available for any user.
Once the report is created, right click on it and choose the "Permissions" option:
A new window will open with the following options:
- New: Creates a new permission.
- Edit: Edit an existing permission.
- Status:. Permission can be set as Activate or Deactivate. Status can be changed if there are more than one permission set.
- Delete: Delete a permission. To delete a permission, more than one permission must be set.
Let's create a permission by clicking on the "New" button on the toolbar and a new window within the "Report Tables" window will open that will look like the following.
- Simple Report: Name of the Simple Report.
- Assign To: Choose the user, group or department which will be the permission set.
- User: If the permission will set by user, then on Name field all users created in ProcessMaker will list. Note that it will list only users created in the current workspace.
- Department: If the permission will set by department, then on Name field all departments created in ProcessMaker will list. Note that it will list only departments created in the current workspace.
- Group: If the permission will set by group, then on Name field all groups created in ProcessMaker will list. Note that it will list only groups created in the current workspace.
- Everybody: This permission can be set for all users created in the current workspace where the Simple Report plugin is configured.
- Name: Depends on the option chosen in the "Assign To" field.
Once the permission is set click on the "Save" button.
And then it will be listed as follows:
- Assigned to: It shows which user, department or group has the permission set.
- Create: It shows the creation date of the permission.
- Update: It shows the date of the permission modification.
- Status:: It shows if the permission is Active or Inactive
Use the back arrow (Back)to return to the PM table list.
Note: Take into consideration that when a process is imported and then exported to another installment of ProcessMaker the PM Tables and Report Tables will not be exported therefore the permissions given to the Simple Report will no longer be available and needs to be assigned one again.
Setting up Filters
Simple Report Plugin gives users the option to set filters on specific fields, use them to target more specific search results. It is possible to filter by more than two fields, if a result needs to be more precise. This filters are only available once the plugin is enabled.
To set filters, go to Report Tables list, either inside DESIGNER of the process where it has been configured or inside ADMIN > Settings > PM Tables; click on Edit button, once it is opened, a filter column was added next to auto increment column, double click on it to change its value:
All filters added will work as search criteria once a simple report is being generated.
How to check the Generated Simple Report
To have the simple report generated it is mandatory to run a case filling the values selected on the report table created previously, on the DynaForm. This must be necessary to show these values on the final report.
To start this plug-in, go to HOME > Core Report > Reports. Then, the Simple Reporting plug-in interface will appear, and each tab (Purchase Request, Purchase Req, etc.) will represent the enable Report Table for this plug-in.
This interface has the following options:
- Export Page To Excel File: Export the current page to an Excel file.
- Export All to Excel File: If there are more than one page, it will export all pages to an Excel file.
- Export Page to CSV File: Exports the current page into an Excel file with the .csv format (usually used with tabular data separating the values with a comma).
- Export All to CSV File: If more than one page is found in this section then this option allows to export all pages into an Excel file with the .csv format.
- Filter by: Filters by fields set on the Report Table configuration.
- Filter Reset: Re sets the initial configuration of the list.
Exporting Reports to Excel
Once you have the report generated click on Export Page To Excel File and automatically an Excel document will be downloaded, open it with an Excel editor. It will display data of the report generated:
Depending on the users' knowledge in Excel, this report generated can be personalized according to their needs:
As follows you could see an example of how to use filters:
When you configured filters on the Report Table, by clicking on the option Filter by and depending on the fields set as filters, the following search criteria will be open in a new window:
In the case of the example above, CHECK_NUMBER and NAME are Report Table fields which will be the search criteria, in the dropdown, the list of logical operators will be displayed:
For example, if it is required to search by name on the filter the following criteria could be added:
So in the main list, result will be:
Note: It is possible to filter by more than two fields, if a result needs to be more precise.