Plugin Version: 3.2.0 | Release Notes
Enterprise Search is a plugin designed to provide a solution that helps users to search using the dynaforms defined in each process. The Enterprise Search Solution will also helps users to conduct different advanced searches based on processes and dynaforms in those processes. Because this solution is based on SOLR, it will scale to meet the demanding search needs of enterprises with thousands of users.
With this plugin is it possible to:
- Save, rename, delete and share searches between users.
- Continue the case execution from a search and of the user has the correct permission check the Process Map, Process Information, Task Information, Case History, Messages History, Dynaforms, Uploaded Documents and Generated Documents.
- Check information about Output and Input documents and Messages.
- Add case notes.
- Check the Case Summary.
- Use the Pause, Reassign and Cancel actions.
This plugin is fully compatible with the following ProcessMaker versions:
- v. 2.5.2.x
- v. 2.8.0.x
- v. 3.0.1.x
- v. 3.1.x
Login with a user such as "admin" who has the PM_SETUPADVANCE permission in his/her role and then go to ADMIN > Plugins > Enterprise Manager. Either install the Enterprise Connectors plugin by clicking on Install from File and uploading the plugin file or by clicking on its Install Now button in the list of available plugins.
After installing the plugin, make sure that the Enterprise Search plugin is enabled.
Setting up permissions
Once the plugin is enabled, a new Roles is created automatically.
A set of 3 new permissions are available to be granted to a particular user in order to execute different options. Configure them by going to ADMIN > Users > Roles > Permissions, choose the new PROCESSMAKER_EnterpriseSearch role or a different one and then click on Permissions options, then click on Edit permissions and add the permissions: PM_ENTERPRISESEARCH_VIEW, PM_ENTERPRISESEARCH_NEW and PM_ENTERPRISESEARCH_SHARE
- PM_ENTERPRISESEARCH_VIEW: This permission allows users to view the plugin options available under HOME tab. Applying this permissions, the possibility to edit a search is also included.
- PM_ENTERPRISESEARCH_NEW: This permission allows users to create new searches.
- PM_ENTERPRISESEARCH_SHARE: This permission allows to share different searches to a particular user.
- PM_OPERATOR: When you share a search for a user or group of users with the Operator role, you must include permission to display All Cases and search cases. This because some users are not directly involved in the case or in the process.
Once the plugin is enabled, under HOME tab the Enterprise Search section, with the following options, will appear:
With the following options:
- New Search: Create a new search.
- My Searches: All searches you did will be stored in this folder.
- Shared with me: All searches shared with you will be stored in this folder.
- Favorites: Ability to save some searches as favorites.
Those options will be explained in deep in their corresponding section.
Considerations before starting
How to use Search Criteria
- Cases, which have special characters in their data, like - [ ] * \, need to have a backslash / symbol after each character in order to execute the search correctly.
- For numeric fields, it is not possible to search using " * " as search criteria. E.g: (2 * or * 3) applies only to string fields.
- Searching in currency fields, don't use thousand separators (comma [,]), it only accepts decimal separator (point [.]). E.g <122456.229
- In date fields, you must use the complete mask [YYYY-mm-dd]
- It is NOT possible to search in pmtables, external tables, dbconnections or case notes.
- In percentage type fields do not enter the symbol %.
Search Criteria on:
- Text fields, words separated with space, must be enclosed in double quotes. e.g “Marissa Ann”.
- Numeric fields, must have the TO word in the middle of the range. E.g [1 TO 1000].
- Date fields, must have TO word in the middle of the range. E.g [1980-01-30 TO 1995-10-22].
- Dropdown Fields, you must use the field label in order to have the correct search.
- Suggest Fields, you must use the field label in order to have the correct search.
- Yes/No fields, you must use 1 for Yes and O for No
- Email fields, you must use double quotes " ". E.g email@example.com
How to Create a Master Form
A master form is a custom Dynaform which can be created using specific fields from the process, this is very useful when the user needs to have that custom dynaform show inside the Summary option. Basically, the user can create his own dynaform and select which fields will be visible in the search. It reuses the Case Summary concept.
The user can create a Dynaform using the same variables from other Dynaforms created in the process. In this example, a Dynaform named "Customer Credit Information" has been created, this DynaForm has the following fields: Customer First Name Name Customer Last Name extract for other Dynaform and the Evaluation comments and Amount of Credit required fields extract from another Dynaform. This Dynaform will look like:
To assign this Dynaform as a Case Summary, it is necessary to open the process and make right click on the Process Map, click on Edit Process and then on select the Dynaform just created on the Dynaform to show a case summary option.
This Dynaform selected as Case Summary will be listed with an asterisk * before the name when creating searches.
It means that the Dynaform has been defined as master DynaForm. Select it and the created custom Dynaform will display to do the corresponding search:
Once set the parameters of the search, click on Search and the results will be listed.
Select one of the results, click on the Summary icon and go to More information, the custom Dynaform with the information filled will display:
Creating a new search
As it was mentioned before, searches are based on information filled in processes, those searches can be performed by selecting the processes and then its corresponding Dynaform.
To create a new search, go to HOME tab and then click on New Search option, processes created in the current workspace with their corresponding dynaforms will appear:
- Process: Select a process from the list provided. Once a process is selected, the Dynaform field will be enabled.
- Dynaform: Select a dynaform, they will list according to the process selected previously.
For instance, if the Credit Card Application process is created all its corresponding dynaforms will display:
A Dynaform has an asterisk (*) before its name, that means that it has being defined as Master Form, and it is possible to make a custom search in this form.
Once the process and Dynaform has been selected, the dynaform will display as follows:
This Dynaforms offers the possibility to search cases information using any of its fields. For instance, if the user needs to search the name of the employee, enter his/her name and last name and then click the Search button.Cases with that information will be displayed on the list.
To edit the search click on Edit Search, the Dynaform will be displayed to being refill with other values. Click on the Reset button to clean all the Dynaform fields and enter the new values.
How to use search criteria?
In the upper right corner, there is an Information icon, this helps you to know which search criteria can be used. Click on this button and automatically a popup with search criteria tips will open:
Search Criteria Examples
|1st Search||2nd Search||3rd Search||4th search||5th search|
|Search criteria for text field|
|Enterprise Edition||Ent*||E*t||*tion||\”enterprise edition\”||--|
|Search criteria for Currency field|
|<, >m <=, >=|
|Use only decimal separator|||<122456.229||>=123456.334||<=123456300||[122456 TO 124456]|
|Search criteria for Date fields|
|[YYYY-mm-dd] , [YYYY-mm-dd TO YYYY-mm-dd]|
|2012-05-02, 2012-10-02||[2012-05-02 TO 2012-10-02]||-||-||-||-|
It is possible to save searches, this helps when the same search is done frequently. Once the search defined, click on Save Search on the right side of the interface. A windows will display:
Give the name a search, it is recommended to name your searches according to the results obtained. Have the following considerations:
- A name is required.
- It is not possible to use HTML tags.
- Saved searches are by user.
- When a search is saved, all filters defined in the Dynaform will be saved too.
Saved searchs will be stored inside My searches option:
If searches need to be edited, the user can click on Edit Search button, the dynaform will display so criteria can be edited.
Views can help you to show and change the view of the results obtained. Click on Change View option, on the upper right side:
In a view mode, the Dynaform will display with different options numbered in the picture below:
- 1. Navigation Bar: It helps to navigate between pages according to the total number of results found. Use the arrows > < to navigate between results
- 2. Open: It is possible to continue your case by selecting one case from the results, click in Open option and the case will open with the information filled previously. Click in the submit button and the case will routed to the next instance as if the user were working from the case list. If the user doing the search is not assigned to the task, only the case details will be displayed.
- 3. Summary: By clicking on the Summary, users can see the Summary of the search result where general information about the case is displayed. It re-uses the same concept for ProcessMaker Summary. Available tabs: General Information, More Information, Uploaded Documents, Generated Documents.
- 4. Cases Notes: Add a case note not only in searches, but also in the case. For instance, if the search was required for a user's supervisor, once the search is done, the results can be notified to that supervisor by adding a case note. Remember that it is only possible to add plain text and some variables to the note. Results from the search must be added manually.
- 5. Change view: It redirects the user to the preview view, where the search result list displays.
- 6. Save: It saves your current search.
- 7. Edit search: Edit the current search.
It shows a list of all saved searches. There is no limit for this list, as many searches as necessary can be saved.
Click on a search to enable the buttons on top.
This option shares a search with another user or group inside ProcessMaker. Click on the Share button:
The permissions interface will be displayed:
On the left side, either Groups or Users can be selected, while on the right side the user can select the permission for that particular group or user. To assign permissions, select who will have access, then the permission and click on Add button. It is possible to assign permissions to many groups or users:
Depending on the permission:
- View: It will only give users a view permission. Therefore the user won't be able to edit searches or edit the case information. Using the above example, the user "Heather" has assigned a View permission, if we login to ProcessMaker with that user, the following view will be displayed:
To open the search, click on the Open button. Inside the search as the user only has the View permission, the "Edit" option won't be enabled.
When opening a case, if the user doesn't have the correct permissions or if he doesn't have a participation in the case, the following message will appear:
- Edit: It will give users permission to edit searches. Using the above example, the user "Harry" has assigned an Edit permission, if we login to ProcessMaker with that user, the following view will be displayed:
Open the search to see that the Edit option is enabled.
All shared searches with the logged in user will be listed inside this section:
Depending on the permission set for that particular user, information about the search can be seen.
Searches can be saved as favorites, this is useful if you have any results you want to keep for further reference.
To set a search as favorite, click on the Star icon. The star will turn yellow, that means the search was added as favorite successfully.
To remove the search out of favorites, click on the Star icon and the star will turn grey.
All searches saved as favorites will be stored under the Favorites option, keep in mind that only a maximum of 10 searches can be set as favorites.