The default file locations for ProcessMaker vary according to the operating system and the version of ProcessMaker. Alternative locations can be selected when installing ProcessMaker, which are specified in the paths_installed.php file. To move files to new locations after installing, see Changing the ProcessMaker Configuration.
ProcessMaker can be installed in any directory which is not publicly accessible to the internet, so don't install ProcessMaker in a directory such as /var/www in Linux/UNIX or C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs in Windows, since it would cause a security hole. In Linux/UNIX, it is often installed in the /opt directory, since it is an optional program which doesn't come from the distribution's repositories.
By default, the installation directory for ProcessMaker is in the following locations:
- Windows, before ProcessMaker version 1.6-4260:
- C:\Program Files\ProcessMaker\apps\processmaker
- Windows XP/Server 2003, ProcessMaker versions 1.6-4260 to 2.0.3:
- C:\Program Files\ProcessMaker\processmaker
- Windows Vista/7/Server 2008, ProcessMaker versions 1.6-4260 to 2.0.3:
- Windows XP/Server 2003, ProcessMaker version 2.0.8 and later:
- C:\Program Files\ProcessMaker-2_X_X\processmaker
- Windows Vista/7/Server 2008, ProcessMaker version 2.0.8 and later:
The file locations for different ProcessMaker elements are specified in the file:
The shared directory holds many of the files which are created by usage of ProcessMaker, such as attached files, Input Documents, Output Documents, log files, session files, etc. Since version 2.0, the compiled directory has also been moved inside the shared directory.
The <shared> directory is located at: