This is a tentative Development Roadmap for ProcessMaker and it does not imply a commitment to deliver. The proposed dates may change due to the workload of the development team, and the content of each release could vary depending on market changes. If this occurs the Roadmap will be updated to reflect these changes.
To establish and detail dates when ProcessMaker features will be released.
Basically, the RoadMap is divided into three sections:
- ProcessMaker 2: focuses on features that will both maintain the product and impress end users, developers and implementers, including Hot fixes and basic improvements.
- ProcessMaker 3: focuses on add a JQuery ProcessMaker Library to re-design the Process Designer and Dynaforms (Processmap).
2. ENTERPRISE EDITION:
- Enterprise Plugins: focuses on features that will be available only in the Enterprise Editions of ProcessMaker.
ProcessMaker - Released Versions
The version number is 2.5.o was released on May 15th, 2013. This version has bug fixed, and something worth mentioning its the new skin called neoclasic which will be applied by default once this version has been installed.
To have an easy to manage and easy to follow release process which keeps our product as stable as possible.
The audience for this document is the global ProcessMaker ecosystem, including partners, users and prospective customers.
ProcessMaker Community Upcoming Releases
ProcessMaker 2.0 was released on April 13, 2011. The current stable version is now 2.0.45 (released Nov 2012). Following the release of 2.0.8, ProcessMaker has entered into a stabilization phase in which feedback received from production environments is prioritized, including feature requests that have significantly enhanced the user experience. But this phase is completed with the release of version 2.0.45. In the past 10 months the ProcessMaker developers have fixed more than 600 bugs and issues making ProcessMaker a more stable product.
In 2013 the version 2 of ProcessMaker will include more improvements and new features. It is planned that there will be quarterly releases and monthly maintenance patches. All of these releases will start with "2.5" and then the minor release number. Each quarterly release is scheduled for the first Tuesday of first month (although this may occasionally be modified due to quality control rejecting a release too close to the planned release date).
First Quarter 2013: Launching version 2.5
Due to the Exponential growth of ProcessMaker during the last past year, the ProcessMaker Team has been focusing recently on improving ProcessMaker performance. Users will notice significant speed improvements in Version 2.5 and additional releases planned for Q1 2013.
To improve ProcessMaker performance optimization while creating, running cases and navigating inside the tool by:
- Minimize the bandwidth and optimize the response time of all pages.
- Add new features which will help to keep the performance optimal: adding the case archive and improvements on Solr.
- Improvements not only in the DataBase but also in PHP Code.
Second Quarter 2013
Release Date: Fourth Quarter
This section focuses on the upcoming ProcessMaker 3.0 release with a big change in the Process Designer and Dynaform Editor amongst others by migrating to the jQuery library. Moreover, ProcessMaker speed will be improving continuously.
New Dynaform Editor - Multi-Column Drag & Drop
- To manage a multi-column Drag & Drop functionality which will be used to have an user-friendly interface allowing users to manage Dynaform components on two columns all of this based on the integration with the extJs library .
Overview: On previous version Dynaform components can be created only on one column with the possibility to create a multi-column dynaform only editing the HTML unlike this new interface and with this functionality which does so without spending time editing the HTML code to give a specific format; moreover, it's worth mentioning that all components using on previous versions will be kept to be used on this new interface.
Improvements on the ProcessMap
One of the most notable improvements will be the new design and functions of the ProcessMap. The many features included in this new ProcessMap are like:
- Diagram based on BMPN standards.
- BPMN icons.
- Possibility to save any changes made during the design of an specific process.
- Possibility to print the ProcessMap.
- Redo/undo options
- Possibility to use Zoom elements inside the designer.
On the following image it is shown a preview of what will be this new ProcessMap and its elements:
During 2012 ProcessMaker has been offering a reliable products to satisfy clients needs. During 2013 ProcessMaker Products will be extended, innovated and enriched to bring clients always the best product quality.
The Enterprise Plugins will be released quarterly approximately every second Tuesday of the new quarter. With a release notes published on the documentation to let users know what is new and improve on each plugin released.
Current Version Enterprise Edition
Current Version of the Enterprise edition is 2.0.16 released on September 12th, 2012
The list of released plugins are explained in the below chart:
Upcoming ProcessMaker Enterprise Plugins
The list of plugins to be release, are divided in two quarters explained below.