The ProcessMaker Enterprise Edition offers additional functionality designed for demanding enterprise users. If successfully deploying the ProcessMaker Community Edition, then rest assured that the Enterprise Edition will also serve your needs, since it is built on the same open source core used by the Community Edition. It adds a series of proprietary plugins and 4 new Enterprise features with functionality needed in enterprise. Like the open source core, all the source code for the Enterprise Edition plugins can be viewed, however the "shared source" license does not allow the plugin code to changed or redistributed.
The ProcessMaker Enterprise Edition offers the following features:
- Allows users with the PM_SETUP_ADVANCE permission in their role to access information about the plugins and features and configure them.
- Provides a user-friendly interface to Install, Upgrade or even Buy plug-ins.
- Includes the option to import a license using the Enterprise Manager interface or install plug-ins separately.
- Automatically checks for updates for plug-ins and features.
- Provides an option to generate a file with detailed information about the system, such as: license, enabled plugins, system time zone, etc.
- An Enterprise Edition license, based on your subscription.
- ProcessMaker v2.5.0 or higher (stable version + available hotfix)
- ProcessMaker Enterprise Edition v. 2.8
Installing the Enterprise Edition Plugin
After acquiring the .tar file of the Enterprise Edition plugin, go to "ADMIN > Plugins > Plugins Manager".
Click on "Import" to start the import of the plugin.
In the window that opens, click on "Choose File" and look for the Enterprise Edition in a location of the local computer.
Once it is loaded, click on "Import" as the image below:
The Enterprise Edition will be listed immediately.
To apply changes, log out and log in again to fully use the plugin and all its features.
Disabling/Enabling the Plugin
Enterprise Edition may be disabled, go to "Plugins Manager" select the plug-in and click on the "Disable/Enable" icon:
Removing the Plugin
To remove the Enterprise Edition plugin from ProcessMaker, select it in the list of the Plugin Manager and click on "Delete".
Once ProcessMaker 2.8 is installed, go to "ADMIN > Plugins" and a new option will display:
By clicking on this option a panel on the right-hand side of the screen will display:
It is divided into 5 sections:
Your License - Importing and checking information
Before the Enterprise plugins and features can be used, the Enterprise Edition license file needs to be imported. Generally, licenses are generated on the server and will enable not only plugins but also features.
To import the license, go to "ADMIN > Plugins > Enterprise Manager" and select "Your License" tab:
If no license has been uploaded, it will be shown as "Unlicensed". To import a license click on "Import License" and upload the .dat license file which was purchased from the ProcessMaker Sales Department:
Click on "Upload" to import the license file. ProcessMaker will automatically logout in order to apply changes.
Once the license has been imported, information about the licenses will be displayed under "ADMIN > Plugins > Enterprise Manager":
- Current License: Shows the current license that was installed on the server.
- License Server: Shows the server where the license was installed.
- Issued to: Shows for whom the license was generated.
- Expires (days): Shows the length of the license. The first number shows how many days are left until the license expires and the second number displays the total length of the license in days. The start and end date of the license is displayed in parentheses,
Setup - Checking for updates
ProcessMaker can be configured to automatically checks for updated versions of plugins and features as they become available. To enable this option, go to "ADMIN > Plugins > Enterprise Manager > Setup" and mark the "Check for updates" option. Remember that the ProcessMaker server must have an internet connection in order to check for updates.
Click on Save in order to save the configuration.
Support - Getting information about the system
The Enterprise Manager provides an option to generate a file providing information about your system, which can be sent to the ProcessMaker Support Team in order to check for issues related to the license, plugins and/or features. To create this file, go to "ADMIN > Plugins > Enterprise Manager > Support" and click on the "Generate" button to download the file to your computer.
Inside the file, information is listed about:
- User information
- Workspace name
- Plugins and features
Enterprise Plugins - Listing Available Plugins
To see a list of all the available plugins, go to "ADMIN > Plugins > Enterprise Manager > Enterprise Plugins". The name, publisher, installed version, most recent version and status of each plugin is displayed.
To see a description of the plugin, click on its + expander or double click the plugin in the list.
Each plugin has a different action depending on its status:
- : The plugin is not installed. Click on this option to install it. Once it is installed, its status will change to "Installed".
- : The latest version of the plugin is installed on the server.
- : The license does not allow the plugin to be installed. Click on this option to send a request to the ProcessMaker Sales Department to buy the plugin.
- : An older version of the plugin is installed, but a more recent version is now available. Click this option to download and install the most recent version of the plugin.
Note: If a plugin is in Beta phase, it will be listed with (Beta) in parentheses. If using ProcessMaker in production, it is recommended to wait until the plugin is released as stable before installing it.
Enterprise Plugins Menu
Above the list of plugins, a bar of buttons provides the following options:
- Enable: To enable a plugin, first it must be installed, then select it and click on "Enable":
- The status of the plugin will change to "Installed" and its folder icon will change color.
- Disable: To disable a plugin, select it in the list and click on "Disable":
- The status of the plugin will change to "Disabled" and its folder icon will change color.
- Admin: Some plugins provide extra configuration options. Select the plugin in the list and then click on "Admin" to configure it. This option is can only be used when the status of the plugin is "Installed" or "Upgrade Now".
- Install From File: Click this option to install a plugin from a file, rather than downloading the plugin from the internet.
- Refresh: This option refreshes the list of available plugins and their status.
Enterprise Features List
Features are options which are included in the code for the Enterprise Edition so they do not need to be downloaded and installed like a plugin, however their use depends upon the license. Version 2.8 offers 4 new features, which will be automatically enabled if the license permits their use.
For more information about these features, see their documentation: