Check new documentation about features and improvements added on version 2.8.0, as well as updated documentation related with fixed bugs.
Release date: December 16th, 2014
Check the Installation Requirements corresponding to this version.
- The new REST API implemented in version 2.8 allows programmers to design external applications with better performance, scalability, reliability, portability and security (with OAuth 2.0). ProcessMaker offers a large number of available end points, so that large parts of the ProcessMaker can implemented in custom interfaces:
- OAUTH 2.0 Clients use access tokens in order access the different end points of the ProcessMaker REST API.
- ProcessMaker Administrator This API includes the end points to remotely access and control the administration of ProcessMaker
- ProcessMaker Designer This API includes the end points to remotely access and control the designing of processes.
- ProcessMaker Running Cases This API includes the end points to remotely access and execute cases.
- Finally, see this example to get the cases list in an external web page.
- From version 2.8.0 and later, workspaces only use one database which is wf_<WORKSPACE>. This only works in new installations. If upgrading ProcessMaker from versions 2.5.0 to 2.8.0, check this documentation to unify the existing databases.
- Two new fields are included in the creation of Input Documents: "Allowed file types" and "Maximum size".
- Allowed file types. Specify the type of field to upload inside the Input Document, to verify that the uploaded files has the correct type of content.
- Maximum size. Specify the maximum file size in KB or MB of the uploaded document.
- Improved Advanced Search capability with the Delegate Date From' and To fields and the X buttons to clear these fields.
- The following improvements were included in Dashboards.
- A maximum of 201 characters is allowed in the dashboard title. It is possible to use numbers, special characters and letters.
- If the title has spaces between sentences, the text will be adjusted in separate lines.
- The dashlet titles are sorted in ascending order.
- The list of DynaForms in the toolbar of the editor is ordered alphabetically.